Deep-Fried Cheesecake Spring Roll Wrapper
- Ready In:
- 1 prepared cheesecake (homemade or store bought)
- 30 egg roll wraps (available in Asian and large supermarkets, I don't see why tortilla's wouldn't work here)
- 1 egg wash (whisk 1 egg with 1 cup of milk)
- vegetable oil, as needed
- cinnamon sugar, as needed
- Cut already-baked cheesecake into uniform pieces approximately 1-by-3 inches in size.
- One large cheesecake will produce about 30 slices for deep frying.
- Lightly moisten each spring roll wrapper with the egg wash.
- Blot off excess egg wash with paper towel.
- Place each piece of cheesecake in the middle of a wrapper.
- Fold top of wrapper down over the cheesecake, and both sides toward the middle.
- Roll each piece of cheesecake toward you until it is completely rolled up.
- Give this "egg roll" a gentle squeeze to make sure the dough is sealed completely.
- Using a deep frying pan, heat at least 3 inches of oil to 365°F.
- Dip the corner of one "egg roll" in the heated oil.
- If the oil sizzles, it is ready.
- If not, heat the oil a little longer.
- When the oil is ready, gently release "egg rolls" into the oil and allow to brown lightly, approximately 10 seconds.
- Using tongs, remove the golden-brown "egg rolls" from the oil.
- Place each "egg roll" in a bowl of cinnamon sugar and coat well.
- Place deep-fried slices of cheesecake on paper towels to cool slightly before serving.
- (I'd use a rack).
- Caution: These will be very hot.
- Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before serving.
- They can be enjoyed warm or cold.
- (Cinnamon sugar can be made by mixing 2 cups of sugar with 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation