Decadent Hot Chocolate
photo by Crafty Lady 13
- Ready In:
- 500 ml milk (you can use soy or almond milk if you can't have dairy)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 140 g quality dark chocolate (coarsely chopped, I used Cadburys Energy Chocolate)
- Pour the milk into a heavy bottomed deep small saucepan.
- Dissolve the sugar in the water and add to the milk.
- Add the chocolate and whisk over gentle medium heat until the chocolate is melted and the milk is hot but not boiling.Be careful because you don't want to burn the chocolate.
- Remove from heat and with a stick blender froth the milk. (This is why you need a deep pot!).
- This will give the milk a smooth texture and prevent a skin forming.
- Pour into small cups or mugs and top with whipped cream for a truly decadent chocolate 'fix' :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is more a dessert than a cup of hot chocolate and bu no means is that a complaint! Decadent is a perfect word to describe that first sip. Used 1% milk, 1 tsp Truvia, and Ghiradelli chocolate. OH MY GOODNESS! My diet is hitting the skids here but I did leave out the whipped cream. LOL Made for AUS/NZ Swap Feb 2010
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY