Date and Muesli Slice
photo by CaliforniaJan
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup dried dates, chopped
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup muesli (granola)
- 2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons sultanas (golden raisins)
- 2⁄3 cup natural low-fat yogurt (plain)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups icing sugar, sifted (confectioner's sugar)
- lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas4. Line a 11x17 shallow baking pan with baking parchment.
- Mix together all the ingredients except the icing sugar, lemon juice and pumpkin seeds.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and bake for about 25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To make the topping, put the icing sugar in a bowl and stir in just enough lemon juice to give a thick, spreading consistency.
- Spread the lemon topping over the baked mixture and sprinkle generously with pumpkin seeds.
- Allow icing to set before cutiing into squares or bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!