Dark Chocolate Cream Pie
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
1 9 inch Pie
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in milk and chocolate.
- Cook and stir over medium high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Spoon into baked pastry shell.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"