Danish Cucumber Salad - Agurkesalat
This quick and easy side dish was found on Food Down Unders website and is included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 swap for Scandinavia.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 3 cucumbers, if using English or Burpless cucumbers only use one or two
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar (some Danes use lemon juice)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- onion, vidalia or walla walla sliced thin, optional and to taste
- Wash and peel cucumbers. Cut cucumbers into very thin slices and place in medium bowl, salt lightly, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour off all liquid from cucumbers. In a small bowl mix together the water, vinegar, sugar and pepper. Thinly sliced vidalia or walla walla onions can be placed in the salad also according to taste and this is optional. Pour mixture over the cucumbers and place in the refrigerator for one hour or until chilled. Drain off liquid again or serve with a slotted spoon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a great salad Lauralie. We enjoyed the cucumbers prepared this way very much. I forgot to add the sliced onions to the mixture while marinating. I remembered just before I served them, so I thinly sliced them added them fresh. The salad was wonderful. Thank you for sharing a recipe, that i will make again my friend. Made for CQ4 - Scandinavia.Reply
see 25 more