Braised Chicken With Lemon and Honey
Another great recipe from ABC.net's website and Chef Bill Granger. This chicken recipe will also be included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 swap, Australia.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 5⁄8 kg whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 12 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lemon, cut into chunks
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- fresh oregano leaves
- In a large, deep frypan over high heat, add oil and chicken. Cook chicken, turning only once, for approximately 5-8 minutes until golden brown. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside. Reducing heat to medium, add onion and cook for 1 minute than add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Return chicken to pan, add the lemon, chicken stock and honey. Reduce heat to medium-low, place cover on pan and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Preheat broiler. Increase heat to medium and simmer sauce, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes to thicken. Place chicken under a hot broiler for 3-4 minutes until crisp. Place chicken on serving platter, top with sauce and fresh oregano leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Awesome recipe Lauralie41. The flavor of this chicken dish is devine. Sweet, savory, tart and tangy. The chicken was tender and moist, perfectly cooked, with a lovely velvety sauce. I like that all the flavors complimented one another. I used frozen, boneless chicken breasts, they worked beautifully in this tasty dish. We enjoyed the chicken served with Jalapeno mashed potatoes and fried Mexican corn.for a wonderful meal. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will make again. Made for Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Australia.Reply
see 13 more