Cut out Cookies
photo by lilsweetie
- Ready In:
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream margarine, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add to creamed.
- Chill 3 to 4 hours.
- I always leave over night and it is a lot easier to roll.
- On well floured surface roll 1/4-inch thick (I roll mine a little bit thicker-it makes nice puffy cookies).
- Use flour for rolling pin and cutters.
- Cut to desired shapes.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes depending on thickness of cookies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I come from a very large family and love children. Mine are grown so I babysit neices, nephews, great neices and nephews and others. I love to cook for big family get togethers. Am just getting started with canning and have bought a pressure canner to do more then just tomatoes. I love trivia games. I love good movies. I love family get together.