Easy, Real Tartar Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1 sweet pickles or 1 dill pickle, minced very fine
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (DO NOT use Miracle Whip) or 1 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise (DO NOT use Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cream of tartar (use more if needed)
- granulated sugar, to taste
- Mix mayonnaise and pickle in small bowl.
- Add cream of tartar.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until served; keeps well in fridge.
- Note: This tartar sauce changes color when allowed to sit or exposed to air; it is still safe to eat until it begins to turn rancid.
Join The Conversation