Curried Cream Cheese and Vegetable Spirals
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh coriander or 1/3 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- In a large frying pan, heat oil.
- Add carrot, red pepper, onion, garlic and curry powder and cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in coriander, lemon juice and salt; let cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, stir cream cheese until creamy, using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Lay tortillas out on a work surface.
- Spread each tortilla with the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll up tightly, pressing firmly to seal.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, trim ends of rolls, then cut each roll on a diagonal into 8 to 10 slices.
- Serve chilled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very well recieved at my mother's retirement party. The colors made it look so appealing. I used red pepper tortillas, so the color was even that much more eye catching. Don't get scared off by the curry, it is a small enough amout that most people don't really even realize there is curry in there, they just know it tastes good!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Burnaby, British Columbia. I am retired and have written a cookbook entitled, From Uncle Bill's Kitchen. I am a recipe developer, author, publisher, distributor and a chef. My cookbook is very unique as I have a Nutrient Analysis for each ingredient used in each recipe that shows you the values for Calories, Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. A high-lighted bar shows the values on a per serving basis plus the Fat/Cal%. From Uncle Bill's Kitchen contains tried-and-true, tested, easy to follow reipes for both novice and experienced cooks. You'll find old Russian, Ukrainian, and other ethnic favorites, along with modern West Coast dishes. The Nutrient Analysis will please the health conscious. Uncle Bill's favorite recipes will reward efforts of the most creative cook and provide the family with many tantalizing, healthful meals. I have appeared on 48 various Television Shows in Vancouver, Burnaby, Kelowna and Kamploops, B.C. Canada, as well as in Palm Springs, CA. In Palm Springs, CA, I have been a Guest on the JACKIE OLDEN RADIO SHOW and THE JOEY ENGLISH RADIO SHOW, twice a year since 1998. I also do demo cooking shows at CHAPTERS BOOK STORES, SAVE-ON-FOOD STORES, GALLOWAY'S FOODS, WESTMINSTER PUBLIC QUAY MARKET, and in the U.S. at BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSTORES in Palm Springs, CA, Phoenix and Yuma, AZ. I was in Palm Springs, CA from June 10th to July 14th. 2002 and again appeared twice on the Jackie Olden Show, twice on the Joey English Show and pre-taped a TV COOKING SHOW with Jackie Olden that is aired on TV from Palm Springs, CA to Los Angeles, CA.