Cucumber Salad With Tahini Dressing
This is a vegan no salt recipe from The No Salt Cookbook. If your diet can tolerate salt, simply add salt to taste! Feel free to throw in some onions and some red peppers too!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup tahini
- 2 room temperature lemons, juice of
- 1 minced garlic clove (I add 4 myself)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (I add 2 pinches then put some on top too)
- fresh ground pepper
- water (optional)
- 2 cucumbers
- Stir the tahini and lemon juice together until well blended. Add the rest of the ingredients except the cucumbers and stir to blend.
- Allow the mixture to stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes. (If you put it in the refrigerator, it will thicken up). If it is too thick to pour, you can use it as a dip for the cucumbers OR you can thin it out with room temperature water (NOT cold) which is what I do.
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them into rounds. Put them in a large bowl and pour the dressing over them. Toss to coat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Tastes yummy 4 stars but healthy stuff makes it 5 along with my kids DD1 (5 years old) and DD2 (15 months) liking it (yes I have healthy children alhamdulillah (praise b e to God)). I used organic tahini by Nut`s to You, water in the tahini like a reviewer mentioned and another recipe we love, recipe/149565, 2 organic lemons (they were cold from the refrigerator), 4 organic garlic cloves for our health, same amout of cayenne pepper as the poster uses (also for the health), organic English cucumbers, plus the rest of the ingredients. Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game 2013.Reply
I needed something quick and simple just for me this afternoon and this fit the bill very well. I do confess to adding salt, it just wasn't coming together for me without it, and I drizzled some flax oil on top at the end. Made half the recipe and served with sliced cucumber and other fresh veg....and some leftover veggie burgers. I'm just missing some pita triangles! I think this would be great as a sandwich spread, and would likely add a clove of garlic next time. I didn't eat the entire thing so I'm planning to work the leftovers into a salad dressing tonight.Reply
see 5 more