photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 20mins
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large container with a tight fitting lid.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a glass or teflon coated sauce pan and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Let boil for 1 minute making sure sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour over cucumber mixture.
- When cool place lid on container and refrigerate over night.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was intrigued was the ingredients when I saw this recipe and just had to try it. Followed instructions exactly and produced a most interesting cucumber salad. It was sweet and refreshing and tasted almost like bread and butter pickles. The next time I make it, I will cut down on the water, sugar, and vinegar (at least in half) as I felt the salad had way to much liquid.
Just loved it, Norell! My mother made a simliar dish often in the summer when I was a kid. She didn't add sugar, however, and I didn't care for the strong vinegar presence. Several years ago I discovered you could add sugar, and what a difference it makes! I have never added green pepper, though, and really enjoyed its addition in your recipe. Also used a Vidalia onion. Just delicious, and lasts a long time in the fridge. Thanks for posting the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a single mom of an 11 year old boy. I work full-time and love to cook. My son (and his friends)love to eat my cooking. Mostly we eat seafood because we love it and it's quick to cook. I love fishing (of course) biking, hiking, gardening and reading. We have a cat, Hooligan; and yes, there is a good reason for that name.