Cucumber Mint and Basil Soda
bon Appetite had this and several other summer soda recipes. I make most of my own fizzy drinks from fruit in my yard. I like this veggie alternative. I will be trying this with stevia instead.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 large cucumber, thinly sliced crosswise, plus 12 slices for garnish (about 8 oz.)
- 24 fresh mint leaves, plus 12 sprigs (to garnish)
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 6 cups soda water, divided
- Bring water and sugar to a boil to make simple syrup.
- Keep 1.5 cups in a small saucepan and remove pan from heat.
- Add cucumber slices (reserving 12 for garnish), 24 mint leaves, and basil.
- Cover and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain cucumber-herb syrup into a jar, pressing on solids in strainer.
- Fill a 12-oz. glass with ice cubes. Add 2 tablespoons syrup and top with soda water (about 1/2 cup). Stir to combine. Garnish with cucumber slice and sprig of mint. Repeat to make 11 more sodas.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION