Crust Topped Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chive & onion cream cheese (1/2 of 8-oz. tub)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen broccoli florets, thawed, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 thawed frozen puff pastry sheet (1/2 of 17.3-oz. pkg.)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F Mix cream cheese spread, soup and water until well blended. Stir in broccoli and cheddar cheese.
- SPOON into 2-1/2- to 3-qt. rectangular or shallow oval baking dish. On lightly floured surface, roll sheet of pastry to fit baking dish. Cover completely with puff pastry sheet. Press pastry edges against rim of dish to seal. Brush entire surface lightly with egg; pierce with knife 5 to 6 times to vent.
- BAKE 30 minute or until heated through and pastry is puffed and golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was in our local newspaper and after trying it, I was so disappointed I came to Recipezaar to find another broccoli recipe, and this was 1st on the list! It was definitely easy, and it looked wonderful coming out of the oven, but was extremely bland. I added salt and more cheese, but couldn't get any flavor. If I try again, I may add some onions and/or experiment with cheese with more flavor instead of just the cheddar. It has potential, just needs some tweaking!