I have a severe egg allergy and growing up my mom was always looking for recipes that both her kids would like and she could make without much hassle. Similar to chicken parm but baked and not using any eggs this was and still is a family favorite. Many a night we would ask my mom for "Crunchy Chicken and 'sketti" (meaning spaghetti).
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing (I use a zesty one)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a baking dish large enough to lay out the chicken in with foil.
- Give a quick spray with a cooking spray to avoid sticking later.
- Place italian dressing in one bowl and breadcrumbs in another.
- Measurements are a guesstimate, but you want enough of both to coat the chicken.
- Dip chicken in dressing and then coat in breadcrumbs and place in baking dish.
- Repeat with all 4 breasts.
- Cover dish with foil and place in oven, bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil cover, bake for another 30 minutes.
- Keep in mind that the thinner your chicken breasts are the faster your chicken will cook, so you may want to check the last 10 minutes of cooking to make sure your"crunchy chicken" hasn't turned into"crispy chicken"!
- Serve with pasta, with or on a green salad or prepare similar to chicken parm, adding a little red sauce and mozzarella the last few minutes of baking.