Crunchy Cheese Toasts
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Slice the bread about 1/2" thick and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Combine the oil, thyme and cayenne in a bowl; whisk to blend and brush on the bread slices.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 300 degrees until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I really enjoyed this tasty treat. It took me back to when I was still in school...my dad used to make us something similar to this for an after school snack and sometimes even for breakfast, but his version was a little plainer. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I loved the touch of heat from the cayenne pepper and enjoyed the hint of thyme. My toasts turned out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Yummy! Made for July, 2009 Aussie/NZ Swap.