Crockpot Apple Risotto
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- 4 cups diced granny smith apples
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- Dice/mince the apples and sweat them in a skillet along with the butter, cinnamon, allspice, and salt until they release their juices (3-5 min or so). I like to use my food processor for this step, so they're more minced than diced.
- Depending on your crockpot, you may want to coat it in a nonstick spray.
- Mix everything together in the crock put, set on high, and let cook for 2.5-3 hours or until all the liquid is gone.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!