Crock Pot Taco Soup
photo by Dine Dish
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans or (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can niblet corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1 lb shredded chicken, ground beef or 1 lb any meat
- Cook meat and drain.
- Shred if needed.
- Add all ingredients to crock pot.
- DO NOT DRAIN CANS.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Keep on low until serving to keep hot.
- Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, or tortilla chips.
This is an awesome soup! It had great taste, and this recipe was great on a cold night like tonight! I made it with 3 chicken breats, cubed. I also didnt have any Rotel tomatoes and chilies so I used a small can of regular tomatoes. And then also great northern beans for the white beans. SUPERB!! I served it with dollops of sour cream and cheddar jack cheese. Thanks for a winner!!
I have a 12-year-old and he gives this two thumbs up! I had pre-cooked groung beef and fresh frozen corn in the freezer so I just thawed them overnight. I added the canned goods in the morning and put the slow cooker on low and went to the game! Supper was ready when we got home! I pureed the tomatoes in my food processor to get out the chunks and it was a hit. I topped with cheese and sour cream and put tortilla chips on the side. One happy kid! Thanks for the great addition to my collection.
see 406 more reviews
Scrumptious, easy one-pot meal. A trifle salty for my palette, so next time I will rinse the beans and substitute water or low-salt broth. I used left-over roasted chicken, 28-oz can Rotel w/ Chilies and 14-oz can tomatoes, substituted black beans and kidney beans, and added one onion (chopped and sauteed) and 1/2 cup rice, Served with choice of warm, buttered tortillas or corn bread. Yum!
see 23 more tweaks
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm from Salt Lake City, but I'm living in Seattle, Washington while my husband goes to law school at UW. I love cooking. It's my favorite hobby.