Spicy Crock Pot Taco Soup
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, browned and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans (or great nothern)
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes (hot or mild)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 -3 cups chicken broth (I always use chicken broth) or 2 -3 cups beef broth (I always use chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown ground beef with chopped onion.Drain.
- Add all ingredients to a 7 quart Crock Pot Stir well.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Important! Do not drain the cans, just add entire contents of each can.
- Serve with tortilla chips & shredded cheese.
- One or more optional garnishes can be added to bowls of soup.
- sour cream,avocado slices,black olives,cilantro, jalapeno slices.
- Notes: Can substitute cubed raw chicken in place of the beef or before serving add shredded cooked chicken and heat through.Can also cook in large pan on stove top. Bring to a boil and turn heat down to low, simmer for 30 min.Stir occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span style=color: #000080;>Married with two grown children.Self employed with my own Web Stores where I sell home decor, vintage style glass cabinet knobs and handcrafted jewelry fan /light pulls.</span></p> <p><span style=color: #000080;>http://stores.ebay.com/Eclectic-Cabinet-Knobs-And-Decor</span></p> <p>http://www.etsy.com/shop/EclecticallyCrafted?ref=si_shop</p> <p>http://www.etsy.com/shop/chichimama05?ref=si_shop</p> <p><span style=color: #000080;>I am originally from Texas now living in Western Kentucky. Have also lived in Arkansas and Washington State. We used to travel alot on business and attended many conventions and banquets.Due to these things have had exposure to many diferent kinds of cuisine. I have an extra special love for the southern comfort foods I was raised on.</span></p>