Crock Pot Potatoes Boulangere
photo by CookingONTheSide
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat, add onions and cook, stirring, until softened.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Grease slow cooker crock and place thin layer of onions on bottom, add layer of potatoes, and repeat until all potatoes and onions are used up, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Add stock to cover.(If making ahead, place in refrigerator at this point).
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or High for 4 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- If using the optional cheese, transfer contents to a baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and brown under a preheated broiler.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm not sure these are legal! Sliced my potatoes and onions at thin setting on the mandoline and use 1 cup each of beef and chicken stock since I served with pork. I *never* consider cheese and option so I slathered it on but did not brown it. We simply couldn't wait! Great crockpot recipe that brings potatoes to the table when it's too hot to have the oven on so long. Thanks! Made for ZWT8 by the Herbaceous Honey's Team.