Crock Pot Moroccan Lentil Stew
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 30mins
- 1 cup dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 10 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces frozen cut green beans, thawed
- Combine all ingredients except green beans in a 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours until lentils, squash, and potatoes are tender when tested with knife.
- Increase heat to high setting.
- Stir in thawed green beans, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until mixture is thoroughly heated and beans are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very quick to throw together and an awesome result! I think next time, I might parboil the lentils for 5-10 minutes before throwing them in, as they were still a little tough after about 9 hours, by which point the potatoes and squash were falling apart. I'm not sure why that happened, since there seemed to be more than enough liquid left in the mixture, but it could just be that my slow cooker isn't always the best utensil. :-/ I'll definitely be making this again throughout the winter. Thanks!