Moroccan Lentil Stew With Raisins
From Vegetarian Times. This exotically flavored stew can be stretched to feed a crowd when ladled over rice or potatoes. Per 1-cup serving: 263 cal; 11g prot; 4g fat; 49g carbs; 0mg chol; 642mg sof; 13g fiber; 11g sugars
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 tbsp)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (18 1/4 ounce) cartons lentil soup, such as Dr. McDougalls
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup dried currant
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 6 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt or 6 tablespoons plain nonfat soy yogurt
- Heat oil in medium saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 3 minutes, or until softened and translucent. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until garlic is softened, but not browned, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomatoes, soup, chickpeas, raisins, cinnamon, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bring stew to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or until mixture is reduced and sauce has thickened, stirring often from bottom to prevent sticking. Garnish each serving with one tablespoon yogurt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION