Crispy Tofu With Spicy Peanut Sauce
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- 1 (454 g) package medium firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup szechwan spicy peanut satay sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Drain tofu.
- Cut into 4 equal lengthwise slices.
- Place on a double thickness of tea towel, cover with another double thickness of tea towel and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Gently pat tofu dry.
- Using large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Coat tofu with cornstarch.
- Fry in hot oil until crispy and lightly coloured (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towel.
- Place slices on dinner plate, drizzle with peanut sauce and sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fast and easy! I have never made tofu this way, and I was happy with how crisp it turned out on the outside. I just fried in canola, since that's what I had. I had some leftover satay sauce from another recipe and was looking for something to use it. Drizzled with sesame oil when serving. I could see this being a good method with marinated tofu as well to have a bit more flavor if you are eating it alone. Thanks for sharing!