Tacos - Crispy Tofu With Sriracha Lime Sauce
photo by soveria
- Ready In:
- 1 lime
- 1 1⁄2 ounces queso fresco (mild mexican cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 3 ounces red cabbage, shredded
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, cut to 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ounce mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 6 small flour tortillas
- olive oil, to pan fry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Get ready with 3 Mixing Bowls 1 Large Non-Stick Pan.
- Zest the lime, cut it in half, and juice each half. Crumble queso fresco. Mince cilantro (no need to stem).
- Combine red cabbage, lime juice, ¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoons pepper in a mixing bowl. Toss and set aside at least 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Prepare the Tofu: Line a plate with paper towels. Cut tofu into ½" cubes. Place tofu on towel-lined plate and press firmly, but gently with paper towels to remove excess liquid. Put cornstarch in another mixing bowl. Gently toss tofu in cornstarch to coat thoroughly.
- Make the Sriracha-Mayonnaise: In another mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, and ¼ teaspoons lime zest.
- Fry the Tofu: Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 3 Tbsp. olive oil and tofu to hot pan. Wipe mixing bowl clean and reserve. Stir occasionally until tofu is golden brown and crispy, 6-9 minutes. Transfer to reserved mixing bowl and toss with taco seasoning. Wipe pan clean and reserve.
- Re-heat pan used to fry tofu to a medium-high heat. Place tortillas in hot pan and toast, 30 seconds per side.
- Make your tacos, starting with the tufu, then cabbage mix and sriracha mix. Top with cilantro and cheese, and Bon appétit!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!