Crispy Beef With Broccoli
- Ready In:
1 Crispy Beef Broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb top sirloin steaks or 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced into 1/8-inch thick strips
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, cut into bite-size florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (6 cloves)
- In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade. Add the beef and let marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mix together the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce. Set aside.
- In a wok or large saute pan, add 1 inch of water (about 5 cups) and bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cover to cook for 3 minutes. The broccoli should be bright green and crisp-tender; you should be able to pierce the stem with a fork. Using a slotted spoon, remove broccoli and pat dry.
- Discard the water in the pan and dry it wel. Place over high heat and when hot, add the canola oil and swirl to coat. Add the garlic and fry for 15 to 30 seconds, until fragrant. Toss in the steak strips, keeping them in one layer and fry for 30 seconds. Flip the strips and cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes more or until done.
- Pour in the stir-fry sauce and stir to combine. Add the cooked broccoli back into the pan and toss to coat well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!