Crescent City Jambalaya
photo by Zatarains
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package ZATARAIN'S® Jambalaya Mix, Original
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (12 ounce) package gluten-free smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Heat oil in large deep skillet or 5-quart Dutch oven on medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers; cook and stir 7 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in tomatoes, water and Jambalaya Mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and sausage. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn pink and rice and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!