Jambalaya Pot Pies
photo by alenafoodphoto
- Ready In:
- 2 (10 ounce) packages puff pastry shells
- olive oil
- 2 cooked andouille sausages, diced
- 1⁄2 lb chicken tenders, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 celery, finely diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, cored and finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon gumbo file
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lb small uncooked frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Prepare the oven to 425 F and prepare the puff pastry shells according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet with high sides over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and sausage and sauté until chicken is cooked through and sausage is browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the onion, celery, bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to combine, cooking for about 60 seconds.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, Worcestershire, Cajun seasoning, gumbo file, thyme, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Stir and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and sausage back in and continue to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add shrimp and let cook gently for about 7-10 minutes until the shrimp are just cooked through.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop into warm puff pastry shells and garnish with chopped parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!