Creole Tomato Salad
photo by Bev I Am
- Ready In:
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 2 lbs)
- 1 vidalia onions or 1 other sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- To prepare salad, alternate tomato and onion slices on a platter. Sprinkle with salt. Top with mint and chives.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic in a jar. Cover tightly; shake vigorously.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and serve it at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a wonderful example of the right ingredients and the best tasting Spring treat as you will ever have. I love the dressing, I whirled mine in the blender and it produced a frothy light dressing that stood out and enhanced the tomato, onion, and chives. I also had fresh mint, the I set perched atop and this plate of goodness was simply and peacefully gobbled up quickly. So easy and the taste is outstanding. Thanks, Engrossed! Made for "Spring Spectacular* April 2008
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm not as active here anymore, but you can find me playing at the new recipezazz.com. I'm not a great photographer, but I love to take food photos with Freddy Cat to bring a smile to people's day. I love to cook and share good food with other people. I have a very large collection of cookbooks. I used to enjoy being able to look up recipes on Zaar by ingredients I had on hand. I miss the Zaar tag game community. Everyone was so nice, and it was super fun. Ah, the good ol' days.