MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A twist on traditional stuffing for Thanksgiving.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 cups French bread cubes, dry
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup water
- Thaw shrimp if frozen. Halve large shrimp.
- In a saucepan, cook the celery and onion in butter or margarin until tender. Add shrimp and cook and stir just until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the salt and ground red pepper. Place the dry bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Add the shrimp mixture; add the pecans. Stir in the egg. Drizzle enough broth or wate to moisten, tossing lightly.
- Place in casserole dish. Bake uncovered in a 325 oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION