photo by Liza K.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 6 cups diced bread (Can use any variety. I like sweet, wheat breads for this)
- 2 tablespoons butter (To make vegan, use a vegan butter spread.)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 apple, cored and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries or 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups organic vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place diced bread on a baking pan and place in oven. Toast bread for about 15 minutes, until the bread is crispy on edges and a nice golden color.
- Meanwhile, warm the butter in a saucepan. Add onion, celery and carrots. Cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Remove bread from oven and place into a large mixing bowl. Add in all herbs, chopped parsley, apples, nuts, dried cranberries and salt. Mix well.
- Place back into your baking dish and carefully drizzle vegetable stock over the entire dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- season with black pepper and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!