Creme Brulee Pie
- Ready In:
- If using Duce De Leche Sauce prepare it and pour into pie crust.
- Beat cornstarch and cream in heavy saucepan until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks.
- Continue stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour Creme Brulee into prepared pastry shell and chill for two hours or more.
- Spread sugar over pie and brown in broiler for 5-10 minutes--keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this for our fathers day celebration. This recipe had very favorable reviews at the Food Network site. After making and adding the Dulce de leche sauce made from this site, Recipe #76284, the pie was a great sucess. Very delcicious and easy to make. My husband used his torch that he takes camping to caramelize the sugar topping. One tip, for best results caramelize the sugar topping right before serving. A must try.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love baking, cooking and tring anything new. I am starting a new healthy route. I have been eating sugar free for a year and have been trying to ease my family in with me, they have been fighting me on it. So I have been sneeky about it.</p> 8771973"