MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Adopted from Recipezaar account 9/15/2006. Original recipe courtesy of Mean Chef.
- Ready In:
- Scrape the vanilla bean seeds into the milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the vanilla bean pod and the sugar and heat until the milk is warm but not simmering.
- Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath--a bowl partially filled with ice, with another bowl nested inside it.
- Lightly whisk together the egg yolks in a separate bowl, then gradually add some of the warmed milk, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Cook over low to moderate heat, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula, always scraping the bottom, until the custard thickens enough to coat the spatula.
- Immediately strain the cooked custard through a fine sieve into the bowl set in the ice.
- Stir the creme anglaise with a clean spatula to cool it down.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Crème anglaise will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION