Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup
photo by The Blender Girl
- Ready In:
- Place the whole head of garlic unpeeled in an oven at 200 C / 400 F for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large saucepan fry the leek in a little olive oil until soft. (About 3 minutes).
- Add in the cauliflower and stir for a couple of minutes until well coated.
- Squeeze in the roasted garlic pulp.
- Cover with the vegetable broth. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a medium flame, and simmer partially covered for about 30 minutes until the cauliflower is soft. I like to stir frequently and mash the cauliflower with the spoon as it cooks to make it easier to blend.
- Let the mixture cool enough to put batches in the blender, and puree with the cashews until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a clean pot and heat on low to serve. Season with Celtic salt to taste.
- To serve - top each bowl with a grain ball and a generous sprinkle of chives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!