Cream of Cauliflower Soup (Vegan)
photo by RonaNZ
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegan chicken seasoning (I use Mckay's vegan chicken seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower, fresh and chopped
- 1 cup peas (frozen or fresh)
- In a large 4-quart pot, saute onions in olive oil until clear.
- Pour in 6 cups of water, add seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add celery, potatoes and carrots, and simmer over low heat until cooked.
- Place cashews and 2 cups water in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add blended mixture to soup stock and bring to a boil, stirring consantly. Reduce heat.
- Add fresh cauliflower and peas 5 minutes before serving.
Let me start by saying...I am not vegan. I was a part of a "dinner club" that chose a vegan theme. I found this recipe and thought I would give it a try. It was AMAZING. I will definitely be making it again...and I am thrilled that I ran across it. It is easy and very satisfying. The creaminess is a mystery to me...but regardless, it works!
Cut this recipe in half to serve 2, & that worked out about right for us! Really liked the inclusion of the cashews & the peas (along with the other veggies) in this soup! VERY SATISFYING, VERY ENJOYABLE! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for a vegan teammate in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap II]