Creamy Tomato Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tomatoes, diced or (14 -16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Melt the butter and saute the onion in it until softened.
- Mix with the cooked rice and broth. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and tomatoes. Stir until the cream cheese has melted and the tomatoes are warmed.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Cullman, AL and work? as a librarian. For fun I cook and bake. I don't have a favorite cookbook, because I am always adding to my collection of cookbooks. The ones that I use most often include The Mitford Cookbook and Louisiana Entertains. I have been slowly baking my way through two great cookbooks -- All Cakes Considered and Cakes From Scratch in Half the Time. I subscribe to way too many cooking magazines!