Creamy Raisin Rice Pudding
From Uncle Ben's flyer.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons butter or 2 1/4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- nutmeg, as needed
- cinnamon, as needed
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine rice, water and salt in 3-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a vigorous boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until all water is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Add milk, sugar mixture and raisins to rice.
- Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Slowly stir about 1 cup of the hot rice mixture into egg yolks in bowl.
- Stir into remaining mixture in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until mixture starts to bubble.
- Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with cinnamon and nutmeg.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Just made this for my dear mother who lives with me and was “craving homemade rice/raisin pudding like she used to make my dad”. She loved it! Said it was delicious with great flavour. It was super quick and easy to make. I did add a sprinkle of cinnamon right into the pot, not on top. And pure vanilla extract of course. It was perfect! She likes hers with milk on top like oatmeal. Must be a great recipe because she was a fussy cook in her day. Thank you!1Reply
see 8 more