Creamy Poblano Pork Chops
photo by Galley Wench
- Ready In:
- 4 pork chops, bone- in, 1/2 thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons southwest Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons poblano peppers, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons vermouth
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream poblano soup, campbell's
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove visible fat from chops & sprinkle with Emeril's seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan & quickly brown the chops on both sides.
- Remove meat to a baking dish & add onion & poblano to oil. Cook & stir till both soften, 3-4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic & cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine to deglaze the pan.
- Stir in soup & cilantro. Heat through.
- Pour sauce mixture over pork chops, cover tightly with foil & bake for 45 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with additional cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello from suburban Fort Worth, Texas! <br /> <br /><br /> <br />______________________________________________ <br /> <br /> <br />*My rating system defined* <br /> <br />Very few recipes really knock my socks off - I love to cook but am not a gourmet. <br />This said: <br /> <br />***** - met all my expectations in taste & appearance; directions were clear & easy to follow. <br /> <br />**** - fell slightly short of my expectations in taste or appearance or directions were faulty or not completely clear. <br /> <br />*** - mediocre taste and/or appearance; most likely a recipe that I would not use again without much modification. <br /> <br />** - taste and/or appearance was not to my liking; a recipe that I would not attempt to modify or use again. <br /> <br />* - taste was absolutely not to my liking (I can't imagine ever using this rating as I can generally tell by the ingredients if I will enjoy the finished product or not) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/chefbanner1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/scmurray51/hagshat.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><br /> </p>