Creamy Milk Chocolate Frosting
photo by Kayes bakin
- Ready In:
2 cups (approx)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream (more if needed)
- Place 1/2 cup softened butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the cocoa powder, 2 cups icing sugar and 3 tablespoons whipped cream; start beating with an electric mixer add in more whipped cream as needed to create desired texture.
- Beat until mixture is smooth and creamy.
This is the smoothest, creamiest frosting I've ever put on a cake! It's not just butter cream, it's butter creamiest! I made an 8" double layer yellow cake, and frosted it with this frosting. I took it to my neighbor who was having company so she wouldn't have to bother with dessert. Everyone loved it she said. I'd snitched a taste from the beaters!lol It's by far my go to choc. frosting now. Thanks Kitten, for another keeper!
see 10 more reviews