Creamy Mango Sorbet
- Ready In:
- 3 cups mangoes (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ice cube
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Pour the puree into a plastic freezer storage ban and place in your freezer.
- About every 1/2 hour for the first 2 hours mash the bag by hand to keep the ice crystals small and the sorbet smooth.
- Freeze over night, and serve the next day for best results.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We seldom get really good mangos here, but lately there were organic ones on sale and DH brought home a dozen very ripe mangos which I had to either freeze or process somehow. He voted for kind of ice cream, so I went looking for simple, ice cream maker-free recipes. There are several mango sorbet recipes on zaar, but from experience I know that people around me don't care for pure fruit and fruit juice or yoghurt sorbet, so this one got my attention. I made as suggested, using raw cane sugar, and found that I have to get it out of the freezer ten minutes before serving. By then it has a great texture and can easily be scraped into balls to serve. It got rave reviews! I made a second batch to which I added some fresh ginger, which also turned out great. This will for sure be a keeper. Thanks for posting!