Crock Pot/Slow Cooker - Extra Beefy Beef Stew
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I threw this one together after not being able to find the recipe I had used the one and only time I had made beef stew. Luckily, I was blessed with a pretty good memory. Here it is....
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- 2 -3 lbs beef stew meat (pre-cut)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with roasted garlic)
- 3 -4 potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cups beef stock (packet prepared) or (12 ounce) beef gravy mix (prepared)
Place ingredients in crock pot in the following order:
- Onions, garlic, carrots and potatoes.
- Canned tomatoes.
- Brown sugar.
- Red wine.
- All seasonings.
- Beef stock or beef gravy mix.
- Cook in slow cooker on High for 6-8 hours or Low for about 10, depending on the slow cooker.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION