Creamy Chive Sauce
- Ready In:
- 15 g butter
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper (to season)
- Heat the butter in a pan and soften the onion, garlic and chives with the pan covered for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and reduce by half on a high heat.
- Add the stock and reduce by half again.
- Turn the heat right down and stir in the cream.
- Simmer gently until reduced to a light, creamy consistency.
- Season to taste and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking, I love food & I do all my fresh produce shopping at my local market where much of what is on offer is seasonal, quite a lot is locally grown or reared and there is a decent range of more exotic imports too.</p>