Creamy Chicken Stroganoff
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb pasta, any variety
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream (full fat, or light, your choice)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Put a large pot of water on high heat to boil. Add pasta and cook to box's directions once boiling.
- While water is boiling/pasta is cooking: heat oil in a large skillet and add onion.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes until the onion begins to become translucent.
- Add chicken and garlic, raise heat to medium high and cook until chicken starts to brown.
- Push mixture to one side of the pan. In the empty side, add butter and melt. Add flour and cook for 1 minute to make a roux.
- Carefully whisk in chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Sauce should begin to thicken due to the roux.
- Add the sour cream and mix thorougly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix with, or serve over pasta. Serve with French bread and salad for a deliciously easy meal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm relatively young , but have been cooking since the age of 8. My dad went to culinary school and instilled a love of food in me at a very young age. I love coming up with my own recipes and tweaking other's to fit my tastes.