Creamy Chicken-Spinach Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen diced cooked chicken breasts (or left-over cooked chopped chicken breast)
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini in a saucepan according to package directions, using 1 can of broth instead of water.
- Add in soup and remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil; cover, lower heat to medium, and cook until thoroughly heated.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Nice, tasty & easy. I didn't use the low fat ingredients, as I don't particularly care for them--I went with full fat (except I used 1% milk). I wasn't sure about the tortellini directions as it said to "follow package" directions but to use 1 can chicken broth...well the directions call for 2 quarts of water so I wasn't sure if I were suppose to omit that much water or just use some water, some broth (which is what I did). I will add some extra veggies next time too...I like the idea of some carrots. Thanks! I'll make this again.