Cream of Corn Soup
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- In a small skillet, melt butter and saute the chopped onion until tender but not brown.
- Stir in the flour; add the milk, cooking and stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until smooth and thick.
- Stir in corn and bring almost to a boil.
- Add the seasonings and bacon bits.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this last night, just because it sounded interesting. Wow was this good! DH doesn't even like creamed corn and he said this was really good.I left out the celery salt because DH doesn't like it. Even so,it was delicious. He asked me to make it again..... so guess what he's having along with a salad for lunch. Thanks for a quick, easy and inexpensive meal.
Excellent flavor combination. This was so smooth and crunching at the same time. I really was expecting it to be more yellow because of the corn. I made as posted with the exception of using a 14.5 oz can of cream-style corn because...I guess the 16 oz is no longer being made...Just another way to keep the cost of food down. We really enjoyed this for a light lunch. Thanks for posting. :)
Made this for our lunch yesterday with a sandwich and it was delicious. The only thing I did differently was to saute some finely chopped celery (out of celery salt) with the onions but I followed the rest of the ingredients and directions. This is one I will make quite often. I have the ingredients always (except celery salt I guess) on hand. Thank you! Made for Zaar Alphabet Tag game.
see 2 more reviews