Cream Cheese and Salmon Pinwheels
photo by Perfect Pixie
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 -3 ounces smoked salmon, torn into small pieces
- 1⁄2 large onion, finely minced
- 1 loaf of large uncut white bread or 1 loaf whole wheat bread
- mayonnaise, to taste for spreading bread
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix cheese, salmon and onion.
- Cut crusts off bread, and cut several thin, long slices.
- With a rolling pin, flatten bread so that it's easy to roll.
- Spread each long slice with mayonnaise, then spread on the cream cheese and salmon mixture.
- Roll each slice lengthwise like a jelly roll, slowly and carefully to make it as tight or pressed as possible.
- Cover with wax paper or saran wrap and wrap with kitchen string so it'll keep its shape.
- Store in fridge so it can chill and set.
- When ready to serve, slice into thin pinwheels.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
There I am sitting in front of the computer, one of my favorite spots in the house. When I'm not at the computer, I enjoy cooking and entertaining. See my icon? It is an old Royal typewriter. My father had one just like it that he gave me when I was in college. It had one key that stuck, but I typed all my term papers on that old thing. Whenever I see that icon I remember those happy days.