Cream Cheese Almond Pound Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This cake is so buttery delicious! Add in some dried cranberries or dried cherries for the holidays!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, soft
- 3 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup ground almonds, divided
- Set oven to 325°F (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Generously grease a tube or bundt pan with softened shortening.
- Coat/sprinkle the insides of the pan with about 1/4 -1/3 cup ground almonds.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and beat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and extract, beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat well.
- Add in about 1/2 cup ground almonds and mix well to combine.
- Carefully spoon the batter into pan on top of the almonds.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes (careful not to over bake).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
When I saw the ingredients in this pound cake, I knew it would be spectacular. I wasn't disappointed. The flavor is delicately almond and not too sweet. The cake is a light, yet dense in texture. This is a cake for any occassion. I made exactly as directed, not skimping on a thing. I am so glad you shared this with us, Kittencal!Reply