Interesting recipe from real cajun recipes...posting for Zaar World Tour 5.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 lbs peeled crawfish tails
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning or 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups fish stock (use chicken stock if fish stock is not available.)
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- hot cooked rice
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients (onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic), stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Stir in crawfish and next 7 ingredients (salt, black pepper,seasoning, thyme, onion powder, white pepper, hot sauce), cook 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Stir in fish or chicken stock gradually and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in green onion and parsley and cook 3 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Recommended Sides: Perfect with a warm crusty bread and a salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation