Cranberry Orange Loaf
Easy to make, moist and very delicious. Always gets raves.The combination of cranberry and orange make it special.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
- First bowl: Combine butter, sugar and egg. Beat until smooth. Stir in juice.
- Second bowl: Measure dry ingredients. Stir in orange rind, cranberries and nuts. Add to batter stirring just until moistened. Put into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I absolutely must make again. I used fresh oranges to get the juice. I pitifully gave up on acheiving grated peel, and opted to add the pulp. Very delicious, very moist.. Only thing i'd tweak next time is sweetness. It was a tiny bit too much for me (but i'm not a big sweet tooth). Thank you for sharing!