CRANBERRY ORANGE BUNDT CAKE
photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 3⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar (sifted)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF; grease and flour a Bundt pan. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine together sugar, orange juice, eggs, buttermilk, cranberry juice, and grapeseed oil; process until blended. Add dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Fold in cranberries and orange zest. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 53 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan set over a wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and place on a serving plate; ice it.
- ICING: In a medium mixing bowl, combine icing sugar, butter, orange juice, and orange zest until smooth. Ice cake when cool and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- If icing is too thick, add more liquid or too thin, add more icing sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!