Crab Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 40 cherry tomatoes (about)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crab meat, chili sauce, mustard, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, scallions and herbs.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a very thin slice from the stem end of each tomato.
- Carefully scoop out pulp and seeds with the tip of a teaspoon.
- Lightly sprinkle the insides of the tomatoes with salt.
- Invert them on paper towels and let them drain for about 15 minutes.
- Using a small spoon, stuff the tomatoes with the crab, mounding the filling slightly on top.
- Serve cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were really good and easy to make...the only problem I had, and this was just a personal preference was they were too oniony for me. I think next time I will stuff some of them without the scallions, then add the scallions and stuff the rest. But they had a great taste and we will be making again! Thanks for posting and congrats on winning the football pool.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Molson 6/13/1993 - 1/2/2007 <br /><br />You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us. ~Robert Louis Stevenson <br /><br /><br /><br />PARTICIPATION BANNERS: <br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/calendar%20clips/Copyofsoybean.jpg border=0 alt=tag /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-Kim.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2237/2417939508_a2fe6ca1d6.jpg?v=0 alt=Rosemary Herb for January 2008 /> <img src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2140/2418175268_0be79b1528.jpg?v=0 alt=Cumin Herb for February 2008 /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/garden%20forum%20sage.JPG alt= /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cinnamonchallenge.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/2821533761_69a8a5ea82.jpg?v=0 alt= /> <br /><a href=http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/starrynews/?action=view?t=oregano1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/starrynews/oregano1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/akplongmeadow/AdoptATag2-2-1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>