Crab Rangoon With Pineapple-Chile Dipping Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 lime, juice of (just the juice)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons scallions, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1⁄2 lime (just the juice)
- 1 cup crabmeat (4 oz.)
- 32 wonton skins
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Simmer pineapple, 1/2 cup sugar, water, chili sauce, and lime juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until thickened, 5–8 minutes. Puree until smooth; set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, cilantro, scallion, ginger, sugar, jalapeño, and lime juice in a bowl; gently fold in crab.
- Arrange wonton skins on a work surface. Place 1 teaspoon of crab mixture in center of each, then moisten edges with water. Fold to form a triangle, pressing to seal. Moisten the outer corners of the triangle, seal together to form a "hat," and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Heat oil to 350° in a pan over med.-high.
- Fry wontons in batches until golden on both sides, 2 - 3 minutes total. Drain on paper towels; serve with pineapple sauce. Fry remaining wontons in the same way.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wish I could rate this 10+ stars!!! This was the best crab rangoon recipe on recipezaar!! Don't cheat yourself by not making the pineapple-chile sauce, it is the star of the show! The crab rangoon came out flavorful and you'll be tempted to eat them without the sauce.....but save some for the sauce!!! I used imitation crab and it was FANTASTIC!!!! No way to put enough exclamation points on this review. Thank you Seahorse, for a real crowd pleaser.